The "Big Bottom" Snare Drum
This drum has pictures of ladies from the 1920’s and is hand painted and hand engraved, the name says it all really. This is a very bespoke drum with a lot of amazing detailing around the pictures, the detail on the wording around the back of the drum is unbelievable too. The hardware has a white and brown rust effect to it and the inside is finished in a brown to beige burst. Again this is another drum out of the mind of Udo that shows just some of the things he can do with the finishing and yet again its another one of a kind.
One thing the pictures don’t show you is how incredibly solid this drum is. The shell is solid die cast steel and features reinforcing rings top and bottom. This allows the drum to be extremely powerful and precise at the same time.
- 14 x 6.5 Solid Die Cast Steel Shell with Reinforcing rings
- 42 Strand 100% hand made snare wire
- Masshoff patented five-point venting system
- Fitted with Masshoff Triple Flanged Hoops
- Custom hand painted one of a kind Big Bottom finish
- Finished inside with brown – beige burst interior
- Stunning 1940’s Slingerland replica beavertail single double lugs
- Trick snare strainer
- Exclusive red piano felts, to isolate all hardware parts from the shell, removes unwanted high ring frequencies, further rounding the sound